Bespoke Wine Cork Portrait Art for our more discerning clients.
Tomonori Kubo is a wine cork artist, and a distinguished sommelier with his own wine bar in Asakusa, Tokyo, Japan. Through the flash of “Satori” (悟り) Japanese for "realization; insight”), Kubo transformed his collection of wine corks into beautiful, bi-spoke portraits using the “Pointillism”, the technique of using distinctly stained wine corks, in a variety of tonalities to form the images you see here. Each portrait contains a staggering 2,400 reclaimed wine corks!
Kubo's artwork has been heralded by celebrities, VIPs, and showcased in wineries, and other commercial institutions around the world. You can learn more about this amazing artist and his creations from the documentary originally broadcast by NHK. (https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/ondemand/video/2093016/)
"The allure of cork art lies in its ability to intertwine my existence with the very essence of wine. After years spent as a sommelier, I’ve stumbled upon the concept of “co-creation.” It’s a dance—a delicate waltz—where my art clasps hands with my passion for wines. In each cork, I find echoes of vineyards, sun-kissed grapes, and the symphony of fermentation. These humble stoppers, once wedged into bottles, now find new purpose under my fingertips."
Your Subject brought to life by Kubo - The perfect gift for an anniversary, celebration or to decorate your tasting room, winery, or other commercial establishment.
- After placing your order, you will be invited to submit the subject's pictures taken from the front & both sides. (Multiple subjects are possible but a 1-person portrait is ideal.)
- You can send your own corks to be embedded to make the production even more special.
- The production will take about 1.5 months to be completed.
- Tracked shipping fee varies depending on the exact location but roughly priced between $1,200-$1,500 depending on destination by DHL or FedEx. (Insurance optional)
- Pricing starts from $5,000 (Plus Shipping) depending on design and size.
Please Note: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with the customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to your purchase. These charges are normally collected by the delivery freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up - do not confuse them with additional shipping charges. We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as "gifts" as international government regulations prohibit such behavior.
Returns & Exchange Policy: There are no returns and exchanges accepted.